Friday, July 22, 2011

Wu Xia (Cantonese)



Special thanks to Golden Screen Cinema, I won a pair of the premiere screening for Wu Xia from their movie contest. Yuhoo ~ First time won tickets from GSC's contest, thankiu ~ =P

Opss, sorry for the poor photo quality, hehe poor girl with the poor phone camera ~ ={


Language: Cantonese
Subtitle: Malay / Chinese
Genre: Action / Martial Arts
Running Time: 1 Hour 56 Minutes
Director: Peter Chan Ho-Sun
Cast: Donnie Yen, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Tang Wei, Jimmy Wang Yu

Synopsis: A sinful martial arts expert (Donnie Yen) wants to start a new tranquil life with his wife (Tang Wei), only to be hunted by a determined detective (Takeshi Kaneshiro) and his former master (Jimmy Wang Yu).

(Source: Golden Screen Cinemas)

Overall Rating : 5/10

For me, it's common about the storyboard. The reason that I watched this movie mostly because of Donnie Yen. I expected more Kung Fu from Donnie Yen just like in his another movie, Ip Man, as I seen the movie title. But too bad very less part of the scenes that amazed me during the movie time. Hmm... And it's also a bit kinda boring at that moment. The part that impressed me the most are the former master (Jimmy Wang Yu) and her wife (Wai Ying Hung) were finding their son (Donnie Yen) to get reunion for their group and their fight scenes between each of them with Donnie Yen. I like their countryside views especially the clean river with the green grasses on the water. The villagers also more like to express out their feeling and the thoughts through their singing to the person they know. Oh ya oh ya !! Not to forget another part that I laughed out when I saw it's having the cow and the calf on their roof top. The roof top is having the green grasses on the surface. It's so special and it had caught our attention in the cinema. :)

HUI IS NEUTRAL


2 comments: